I am frequently asked (and more often now that the economy is in the tank), “What can I do to generate some extra cash?” There are many ways to generate additional cash, some of them quicker than others. If you need a lot of cash, these tips alone probably won’t do it; few, if any, of them are substitutes for the income a full time job provides. But if you just need a little help these can generate some extra money, particularly if you do more than one. Below is my list of (relatively) quick ways to come up with a little extra cash in your pocket.
1. Sell your old gold.
2. Collect aluminum and other metals and sell them to a metal recycler. A metal detecter makes this easier, if you have one. You can also collect cans from your employer if they don’t already have a recycler.
3. Take a part time job.
4. Do what you do for a full time job on a freelance basis.
5. Clean out the house and cars and put all found money aside. It might surprise you how much small change is lying in the back of drawers, in ashtrays, and between seat cushions.
6. Walk dogs or petsit.
8. Have a yard sale or open a booth at the flea market.
9. Sell your junk on eBay, Craigslist, Amazon or any of the other good used marketplace websites.
10. Make crafts and sell them on Esty or at local craft shows.